The ever increasing household connectivity gave birth to our innovative project of Local SMS Community Newsletter.
We at SMSONE are striving to make SMS as a thread to integrate, interconnect local communities, affectionately and make the society more vibrant, more updated and more knowledgeable.
The efforts we are putting to make SMS as a Micro–Media will surely result into Socio–Economic Development of the common people.
As we are promoting Social Entrepreneurship, we invite social hearted individuals & NGOs to join hands with us to penetrate this innovative project to the grass root level.
To empower the under–served rural communities through application of ICT–based solutions.
Identify and maximize the potential of technologies to build the platform for creation of common wealth.
- To set up SMS as a Local–Micro Media
- To provide self employment to 2,00,000 + school–college dropout youths.
- To connect every Indian Household through the thread of SMS affectionately.
- Set an example of Social Entrepreneurship in India.
Ravi Ghate: Director
Cell Phone: +91 9822522333
He has developed a network of 300 youths across Maharashtra who are 10–12th failed – school college dropouts for his innovative initiative of ‘Local SMS Community Newsletter’ which connects BOP and offers self employment to these youths who earns Rs. 6–10,000/month as mobile Journalists. (150–200 $/month)
12th Pass, 2nd year Diploma Failed.
- National Youth Award 2005–06 at the hands of HE former President of India Dr A P J Abdul Kalam for best Youth Social Worker for spreading ‘Computer Literacy in the state of Maharashtra’.
- Manthan Award 2007 for best Innovative Idea & e–content in India 2007.
- Clinton Global Initiatives & Microsoft’s YES Fund Award 2008 for Best ICT Business Plan in India worth $ 2000 (YES: Youth Employment Summit Inc.)
- One amongst 14 social entrepreneurship selected by Social Impact International for social entrepreneurship mentoring.
- Honored with invitation by IIM, Kolkata to speak before Indian & Japanese participants on BOP. The lecture got ‘Once More’.
- Oxford University Student Ms Jessica Kennedy wrote case study on his social initiative.
- Special Articles published in international magazines like ICT4D & My Mobile.
- Press coverage in all major news papers in India including Hindustan Times (Sunday Special), Indian Express, Times of India, DNA, ENADU (Sunday Special) & all Marathi dailies.
- Interviewed on Doordarshan twice, ETV–Marathi twice, IBN–Lokmat Channel etc.