- Dhaka Ahsania Mission could realize that the youth were abusing drugs and became more vulnerable for drugs and HIV
- UN decade declaration (1990 - 2000)
- Govt. of Bangladesh established a separate department named " Department of Narcotics Control" in 1988
- Secondary data
- Department of Narcotics Control
- National and Local dailies
- Field Report from the other community based projects
Adolescents, Youths, Drug Users, Family members & General public.
54 districts out of 64 in Bangladesh.
There is a 21-Member Central Committee at the apex. The network of local committees is coordinated by a Central Committee under the Chairmanship of a former Inspector General of Police & Member of Law Commission Dr. MD. Enamul Haque.
Youth Groups (Community Based Committees)
There are 402 Youth Groups spread over 150 Upazilas (Sub-Districts) of 54 District out of 64. There are 21 Members in each Committee. Normally the highest age of the members of the Branch Committees is 30 years.
The youths are active in undertaking social development activities particularly keeping their community immune from abuse of drug, tobacco and HIV/AIDS.