- Keep it short. The ideal cover letter is about half a page long.
- State the position. The recruiter who reads your letter may be hiring for several posts.
- Explain why you want the job. Ask yourself how the position fits into your overall career plans and what you find exciting about the particular sector.
- Clearly describe ways you will contribute. This is the most important element of a cover letter.
- Don’t say you’re not qualified. Even if you think the position is out of your reach, your job is to convince the recruiter you are qualified.
- Follow up after sending a resume. If the job post lists a phone number, indicate you will call within a specified time unless the post specifically requests “no calls.”
Writing a covering letter
- Hits: 3002